Click to view the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

Quick Enquiry
The American Road Trip Company CV

Coronavirus Update

Coronavirus Update

Latest Update: March 20th

Dear Fellow Roadtripper,

I wanted to personally update our existing clients concerning the situation we’re all facing with the Coronavirus, and let me start by saying that we wish everyone the very best of health at this worrying time.

I understand that many of our valued clients have concerns around their planned trips. Please know that we’re making every effort to maintain the highest standards of service, however due to the complex nature of the holidays we sell, we may fall short of our usual standards in the coming weeks and months. Rest assured, we’re working around the clock to deliver the very best possible outcome for our clients.

Below you’ll find an overview of our plans for the months ahead…

Customers due to travel in the next 6 weeks – We are fully focused on cancelling down trips that are due to depart within the current FCO travel ban and beyond to the end of April. We will do this in order of departure date, please support us by waiting for us to contact you when the time is right. This will enable us to complete this task in the most timely and effective way for all our clients. Once this process has been completed, we’ll contact you to discuss next steps. Whilst you wait for us to get in touch, please be thinking about when you want to reschedule your trip for. 

Customers who are due to travel in the next 12 weeks and ARE considered to be at “high risk” – Please get in touch with us if you have been advised to self isolate for the next 12 weeks, this includes people aged over 70, pregnant women, asthma suffers, diabetics and people with long term illnesses.

Customers departing in 6 to 12 weeks, but are NOT considered to be at “high risk” – Although it’s an ever changing situation, it seems likely that trips which are due to depart after the current travel ban has ended may also be affected. As the situation develops, we will continue to monitor any impacts on your trip. Should the FCO continue to advise against travel or if the US Government extends the ban on UK visitors, then we will get in touch at the appropriate time. This will be around 4-6 weeks ahead of your departure date.

Customers departing in 12 weeks or more – These road trips are currently deemed to be going ahead as planned and they remain subject to our normal booking conditions at this time. As always, we would advise getting travel insurance in place sooner rather than later.

Please understand that the above plan will change as we get updates from government and our suppliers over the coming days and weeks.

Finally, I’d like to thank you for your vital business and for your patience whilst we work through this unprecedented pandemic.

Wishing everyone the very best of health,

Christian

MD

get all the latest news and offers by signing up to our newsletter